fbpx
Civil Plaintiff

Teen abused by LA Catholic school director awarded $8M

The Archdiocese of Los Angeles has agreed to pay $8 million to a teenager who was sexually abused by the athletic director at her Catholic high school who had continued to work despite prior allegations of misconduct, it was announced Tuesday.

A court finalized the settlement last week of a negligence lawsuit, said David Ring, an attorney for the teenager.

The archdiocese has paid out more than $740 million in sexual abuse settlements over the past 15 years. Ring said the $8 million is the largest payment to a single individual in any of the cases.

Read the source article at wtop.com

Leave a Review or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close