An East Texas court has awarded $26.8 million to a victim in a lawsuit against their convicted abuser.
A summary judgement was issued on Monday against Nolan Turner, 74 of Red Lick, who was convicted of continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14 in March 2020 and sentenced to 30 years in prison after he failed to appear in the case’s final hearing.
The court awarded the following compensatory damages to the victim against Turner:
- $650 for medical expenses
- $42,900 for future medical expenses
- $500,000 for past physical pain and suffering
- $500,000 for future physical pain and suffering
- $5 million for past mental anguish
- $5 million for future mental anguish
Read the source article at KETK