fbpx
Criminal Law

Man Claiming He was Wrongfully Convicted of Murder is Freed

BOSTON (AP) — A Massachusetts man who spent 34 years behind bars for a killing he maintains he did not commit has been freed while the courts determine whether he should get a new trial.

Thomas Rosa Jr., 59, of Chelsea was released last week, his attorneys at the New England Innocence Project and the Boston College Innocence Program said in a statement Monday.

He was freed by a single justice of the Supreme Judicial Court based in part on the strength of DNA evidence obtained after his conviction and evidence undermining eyewitness identifications in his case, the attorneys said.

Read the source article at boston.com

    Leave a Review or Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Back to top button