Jury Orders Filmmaker to Pay $10 Million in Sexual Assault Lawsuit
Oscar-winning screenwriter Paul Haggis was ordered Monday to pay an additional $2.5 million in damages in a rape lawsuit, bringing the total to $10 million for a woman who said he sexually assaulted her nearly a decade ago.
While accuser Haleigh Breest’s lawyers called the verdict just, Haggis insisted that he had been falsely accused and was financially ruined by fighting the civil case. He vowed to appeal.
“I can’t live with lies like this. I will die clearing my name,” he said as he left court.
Read the source article at apnews.com