Consumer Law

Family in Maine Suing Two Major Electronics Companies After A/C Unit Causes Fire that Killed Two Dogs

A Turner family is suing two major electronics companies and a national retail chain after a portable air conditioner they bought caught fire, burning their lake house to the ground and killing two dogs.

Matt and Veronica Horn on Wednesday sued LG Electronics, Hisense and Home Depot in U.S. District Court in Maine for liability, negligence and breach of warranty.

The lawsuit came more than three years after they claimed a brand-new LG air conditioner they had bought started a fire in the couple’s home on Bear Pond in Hartford that destroyed the house, their belongings and killed two dogs.

Read the source article at bangordailynews.com

Leave a Review or Comment

Back to top button